I can’t believe Christmas is suddenly days away!! The holiday season seemingly creeped up on all of us and now here I am scrambling ordering gifts online and running to the store. I am the type of person who works well under pressure and I somewhat prefer to do so, this goes all the way back to my college days. Last minute papers and all night study sessions were my specialty. Procrastination is my biggest fault and yet my greatest motivator. That being said, it’s become a procrastinating tradition of mine to wrap all of my Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. I put on some Christmas movies to get into the spirit and dive into the wrapping. What I do plan ahead is my outfit.
Of course it takes me forever to settle on what I am wearing because a girl needs options. Luckily this is a 2 day event so I get two options instead of just one. When I would shop leading up to the holidays I would always try to pick things out that I can wear potentially for the holidays. Between holiday parties for work or with friends, and the 2 holidays there’s plenty of excuses to get nice sweaters and dressier outfits for these occasions.
I’ve picked out some of my favorite potential holiday outfits from my past posts as inspirations as well as other options from my wish list/dream closet..
Here are some other options I wish would appear in my closet…
- Express All Over Lace Tee – this looks stunning in ivory and it could be paired with deep blue jeans or even a cute colored skirt (red, green, gold, silver, or black). A great option to have in your closet
- Express Thermal Dolman Pullover – if you would prefer to stay cozy during the holiday festivities then choose a sweater, plenty of options and this berry color is perfect for the holidays!
- Dynamite Sleeveless Choker Jumpsuit – I am such a sucker for a jumpsuit, I love them. Going to the bathroom in these is another story but we’ve tackled that issue in my summer posts with rompers. This is a beautiful wine colored jumpsuit. Perfect for a Christmas party!
- H&M green fitted dress – the gold detail on the back of this dress is so simple and beautiful. This dress would be great for a holiday party, I would suggest wearing your hair up to show off the back detail.
- H&M Crushed-velvet Lace cami – incorporating 2 trends from this season, velvet and the cami dress look. I’d pair this with a black blazer and black jeans with either of the green or navy colored cami.
- H&M purple off the shoulder top – a not so traditional holiday color but still beautiful none the less. I love wearing all shades of purple because it brings out the green in my hazel eyes. This is definitely a cute top to wear during the holidays and to stand out from the typical reds and greens and golds as I’ve previously shown.
- H&M short Lace dress – again this color is super festive, it also comes in Black if you prefer too. I’d definitely wear this with black stockings and ankle booties.
- Kendall & Kylie off the shoulder floral button up top – cold shoulders are in this season, figuratively and literally. For all of my floral lovers out there this one is for you, who doesn’t love some patterns during the holidays. This top also has an adjustable strap so don’t be put off by how low it may look in the picture.
H&M off the shoulder top – this simple cream off the shoulder top is a great piece to use if you want to wear a statement necklaces by keeping your outfit basic it is easier to have fun accessorizing with a simple base. See how I’ve added this statement necklace to this top? Example: Dynamite Statement Necklace with Aldo Mariposa Earrings in Green
- Express pleated metallic skirt in stone – this is a huge trend right now and I think these are beautiful, when styled right. I will show a few different options of these skirts. This stone colored skirt is a great way to have a winter white moment, you can pair it with a white turtle neck or even a white sweater. Add some gold/silver accessories and you have a beautiful winter white holiday look!
- Top options:Express Turtle Neck, Expre Sleeveless Turtleneck
- Shoe options: Aldo States High Heels in Bordeaux Misc. & Steve Madden Fantasia
- GAP Metallic A-line pleat skirt in gold ($65) if you really want to commit to this trend then I recommend investing in a good quality skirt like this one from the gap. If your unsure if you’d wear this trend ever again then try the more “budget friendly” option from Forever 21. Now more importantly how to style this. You can wear either a white or black top with this, whichever you prefer. Again a sweater or a cami.. I would keep the top basic since the skirt would be the main focus of the outfit. The forever 21 option also comes in silver which is a lot of fun too! The price isn’t so bad either, only $25!
- Top options: Express Sweater (cropped), ASOS Mesh Insert Cami, Missguided Satin Lace Trim Cami
- Shoe options: Aldo Stessy High Heels in Black Velvet, Aldo States High Heels in Black Nubuck, Steve Madden Shanna
- LA Hearts velvet swing skirt – maybe I have watched Friends too often (nightly) but this really reminds me of something that Rachel would wear. And I really love how the 90’s trends have returned, things I couldn’t wear as a little girl I now can wear as an “adult.” I say “adult” because I refused to admit that I am. Moving on… this skirt can be worn with any colored shirt. Check out some of the options that I paired it with. This skirt only comes in a size Large on the website but here is a similar option from Express.
- Kendall & Kylie Pink Satin set: Palazzo Pants & Satin Tie Front – I know this color might be a little risky for holidays but hear me out. Pink was a very popular color on the runway for the fall/winter season. And if pink is your favorite color then I’m pretty sure I won you over with this look already. You can pair it with some Nude pumps and your outfit is complete!
Hope these help with your search for the perfect holiday look!